Agile Project Management (APM) refers to embracing the agile methodologies following an iterative approach to ensure high product quality, lower down risk and enhanced efficiency. Agile project management certification validates your expertise in adapting and employing agile methodologies in-line with integral business processes. It follows an approach wherein the project is broken down into small pieces, accomplished in different work sessions popularly known as “sprints”, and includes all phases from designing to quality assurance.
Key Benefits of Agile Project Management
Agile project management follows a similar pattern of software development lifecycle, that is quite different from the sequential approach followed in the waterflow methodology. The enterprises that adapt to the agile project management techniques and methodologies are observed to garner the following benefits:
- High Product Quality: Adopting agile project management approach involves integrated testing at all levels during the project lifecycle. This offers to have constant checks over the product quality and make necessary improvements matching the customer expectations.
It includes execution of the following processes to ensure high quality:
- Clearly stating the requirements
- Incorporating continuous testing in development process
- Using automated testing tools for ensuring accuracy
- Conduct constant feedbacks to help scrum teams in in improving processes
Following this pattern allows you to have incremental releases to the product allowing the development team to ensure rich software quality.
- High Customer Satisfaction:The agile project management approach involves the product owner to the core to supervise the progress of product development continually. This leads to high visibility ensuring full engagement and high customer satisfaction.
- Increased Project Control: Implementing agile project management methodology allows you to have full control over the project. This involves frequent sprint meetings ensuring that teams meet their deadlines on the assigned tasks adhering to their expected quality standards. This enhances the transparency in the process flows. For instance, Jira is an innovative tool to achieve this approach that can be employed to have visibility to each project stage by both the parties.
- Reduced Risks: ImplementingAgile techniques eliminates the chances of entire project failures. This includes project completion in bits observing all lifecycle stages, thereby leaving scope for constant improvements, reducing the risk levels and ensuring project success to the maximum. Additionally, Agile methodologies are not expensive to implement. Therefore, it is the preferred methodology in the software industry.
- Increased ROI: Employing agile project management techniques allows the organizations to reap the benefit of increased levels of ROI. As the product is delivered incrementally, the project stands completed before the deadlines, meeting the specific requirements from the customers. With this, the issues of long delivery cycles stand eliminated, keeping you way ahead the competition.
To acquire sound knowledge of the methodologies and agile project management techniques, you need to pursue extensive agile project management training and certification courses from PMI authorized training partner. You can gain on the advanced skills essentially required by the software industry to meet the quality benchmarks in software development with these certification programs.