basketball to horse racing and beach soccer, there are destinations to satisfy
the varying needs of the sport and travel enthusiasts in the country or
visiting the US.
Here, we will discuss the top 4 destinations you can add if you are preparing
the bucket list to finalize your next vacation plans dedicated to sports.
1. Indianapolis for racing and basketball
Those who are excited about experiencing and witnessing the action of getting behind the wheels will find it so thrilling at one of the most famous racing tracks in the world. The Brickyard race winners ever since 1996 used to Kiss the Bricks with the cups, and you also will find yourself doing the same here. The Basketball fans will go through the experience to relive “Milan Miracle of 1954” by exploring the’54 Hoosiers Museum and also the Hinkle Fieldhouse.
- A smart move – Dining out at St. Elmo Steak House will be a wonderful experience where all the celebrities and athletes liked to dine ever since its opening in 2902.
2. Cleveland and Canton
The Pro Football Hall of Fame at Canton is a destination to pay homage to football. After a recent renovation in 2013, it now includes interactive exhibitions. You will be thrilled to experience the Instant Replay challenge in which you can play the referee and decide to confirm or overturn the rulings on the field. You may haven’t heart a better icon football anthem than the “We Will Rock You” of Queen’s, for which you can pay homage at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum at Cleveland.
- Sports and holiday go hand-in-hand here. Dedicate your time to cult classic also by stopping at the A Christmas Story House and Museum at Cleveland.
3. Louisville to explore horse racing and boxing
As like Gulfstream park live video, the Kentucky Derby is something you may have heard of over and again if you are horse racing enthusiast. It is one of the most-watched animal sporting events which used to take place in the first Saturday of May every year. However, you can watch the Churchill Downs race through the year. Kentucky Derby is a Grade I race held for 3-year old Thoroughbreds covering a distance of 1.25 miles. This race is known as “The Most Exciting Two Minutes In Sports” in the US.
Other sporting activities at Louisville include a bat making demonstration at the Slugger Museum. There is also a cultural center in the name of the legendary American boxer Muhammad Ali.
- Whiskey fans will surely appreciate Louisville with eight distilleries around the Kentucky Bourbon Trail.
4. A Champions Gateway at Upstate New York
You may first explore The National Baseball Hall of Fame, which is the oldest professional sports hall of fame in the nation. In the town, you can also pose the legends of the sport at the Baseball Wax Museum. You can also be at the Lake Placid Adventure for skeleton runs, bobsledding, ice skating, and skiing at the Olympic Sports Complex.
- Craft beer may be a great pastime for which you can try brewery tours at Cooperstown’s Ommegang.
Even though we named only a few at
random, there are a lot more options in the United States for sports
enthusiasts to plan a specialty sporting vacation. We will discuss more such
options in the forthcoming articles too.