Over the past 20 years, gluten intolerance has come on the scene strong. What foods contain gluten though? This article will help you understand which foods you may be eating that could have gluten in them causing you with discomfort. What is Gluten and how do you know if your sensitive to it?
Gluten proteins are found in the mature seed of these cereal grasses or grains.
Other grains containing gluten include, spelt, triticale, kamut, farro, and einkorn, which are all close relatives of wheat. These grains must also be avoided on a gluten-free diet.
Rice protein is not actually a gluten and is safe to consume on a gluten-free diet.
On the other hand, oats do not technically contain gluten, however, they are almost always cross-contaminated with wheat gluten during processing. As a result, only oat-containing products specifically labeled “gluten-free,” should be consumed on a gluten-free diet.
The gluten intolerance symptoms are:
- Weakness and fatigue: Gluten rich products have high amount of proteins and fat which are very important for us to consume, but as an allergy to gluten we are not able to consume those products hence the amount of protein and fat required to our body is not fulfilled, this will result to weakness and fatigue in our body. One can also be mentally ill if not consumed wheat and barley products at-least in the minimal necessary quantity.
- Tingling or numbness in our body: Lack of gluten in our body can result to tingling and numbness in joints like toes and fingers.
- Pain, sweat and burning sensations: Gluten intolerance can result our body to sweat a lot and our body is inclined to be sensitive to touch and feel burning sensations and terrible pain as if you are being stabbed. The symptoms are generally experienced in small joints or parts like hand and feet.
- If the disease is getting worst you can experience terrible pain, loss of tooth enamel, loss of bone mass and women can experience repeated miscarriages.
- Depression: It depends on the age, as people above 12 years are prone to feel depression.
- Irritability or behavior change: Patients with gluten intolerance become irritable in nature and they undergo terrible behavioral change and can also be silent.
- Obstruction in child’s growth: If your child is a victim of gluten intolerance then it is possible that your child shall face obstruction in his/her physical growth. You child will also be excreting fat in his bowel.
The best thing you can do in this situation is to eliminate consumption of the products which are rich or has gluten and consume dairy products Symptoms of Gluten Intolerance, eggs, meat, fish, and fruits and all naturally grown vegetables.